It just occurred to me today that before I got too far in my natterings about Cocos2D-XNA, it would probably be handy to list in one place the references I’ve been using online to learn the framework. These are a combination of resources from the other platforms for cocos2d, so you’ll need your Python, Objective-C & C++ translation hats on as there aren’t many C# examples out there yet. If you’ve found some good resources online, drop me a comment and I’ll be happy to list them here.
- Cocos2d-XNA Tests – Part of the Cocos2d-XNA framework from GitHub (found in the cocos2d-xna/tests folder), contains the application used to test the framework. There’s a ton of tests here with lots of code, so this is my first stop.
- Cocos2d-XNA Framework – The framework code (found in the cocos2d-xna/cocos2d folder) is well organized and can be educational to see what’s going on under the hood.
- Cocos2d-XNA Discussion Forum – CodePlex Q & A forum for Cocos2d-XNA.
- GameDevNoob Cocos2d-x Guide – An excellent starter guide for getting an overview of the cocos2d-x framework.
- Cocos2d Programming Guide – Original framework reference in Python.
- Cocos2d API – Original framwork API class reference in Python.
- Cocos2d-x Developers Manual – Cocos2d-x framework manual in C++.
- iPhone Tutorials – Ray Wenderlich has a lot of iPhone tutorials here, with a small section on using cocos2d.
Hope these help guide you down the path to Cocos2d-XNA enlightenment. 🙂 Happy proggy.